Acrylic Painting Class
Beginner - Intermediate
Wednesdays, 8 - 9 pm on ZOOM
Sessions run every about 4 weeks
What We Accomplished
I'd like to think that this is the boat that Andy is caring for when Red finally shows up on Zihuatanejo Beach for their awesome reunion.
That hug! Are you crying?
Now tell me that images aren't important -- that they can't bring you back to an important time, evoke a certain smell or bring together a group of sounds. Images are magic that way.
Too deep for 8 am on a Thursday, so I'll tell you what we learned how to do in the painting.
- Warm and cool colors working together
- Blending and gradients
- Foreground, middle ground and background
- Using the stroke direction to help create the shape of an object
- Painting white in its various forms
- How each artist can be painting the same thing and come up with something completely unique
Click below to view the gallery of student artwork. You'll find samples from the kid's art classes along with samples from the adult acrylic painting class.
Click below to see what each class is doing from week to week. View the adult acrylic paintings step-by-step along with the the materpieces from the weekly kid's classes.