Kid's Art Classes
Gr 1-3 Art Class
Gr 4-6 Art Class
What We Accomplished
Love is N the Air! Get it? N the air? We used cut paper, scissors, glue and oil pastels to create our Valentine N floating away with its wonderful heart balloons.
Here's what the kids learned:
- How to draw a 3D N
- When to add a horizon line and when to leave it out
- How to draw clouds to give the illusion of flying
- How to use design elements to create excitement (balloons breaking out of the picture onto the frame)
- Using the right amount of glue based on the size of the item needing to be glued
- Using warm and cool colors
- Drawing patterns
After our N floated away, we still had 15 minutes to do a fast sketch. Since it was Madison's dog's birthday today, we decided to draw a puppy. The kids followed along as we outlined the dog, colored him in and added background elements.
Click below to view the gallery of student artwork. You'll find samples from the kid's art classes along with samples from the adult acrylic painting class.
Click below to see what each class is doing from week to week. View the adult acrylic paintings step-by-step along with the the materpieces from the weekly kid's classes.